Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September

It's the night before school and all through my house, my kids race to get their books ready, complete the Summer assignments, and try to reduce the anxiety that they feel before this brand new school year. School is harder now, two are in High School one in Middle School. So anxiety is understandable.
For me it's the beginning of the year. I know that January is the new year but September has always felt like it was the new year to me. Fun things end and new projects begin. New plans can be made, new resolutions  put into place. It's all good. Like a renewel of your purpose.
My kids don't see it that way, they groan about the homework and the fact that they need to wake up early everyday for the next ten months.

They don't understand yet just how easy they have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment